Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 4














Day four was a big day for Charlotte. She finally left the hospital to be home with her brothers (whom by the way love their sister).
I was happy to get out of the hospital. Although the pain meds are much better there.
Charlotte lost some weight she left the hospital weighing 6lbs 9 oz. She is a bit jaundice so I had her out in the sun for a bit. She seemed to like it.
All she does is sleep. It's funny how much I forget everything. It's like being a mom for the first time again and I only did this a year and a half ago. She is drinking more formula so hopefully she will gain some weight.
She definitely has blue eyes and her hair is getting much lighter. I think in the end she'll be a strawberry blonde. Her doctor thinks she'll be blonde. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
No matter what color her hair will be in future, I'm sure she will be gorgeous. Even with blue hair. (I secretly wish she will end up with brown like her mommy.
Charlotte had many visitors her first day home. Her future God parents, Uncle Michael and Aunty Susan, her Aunty Kristen and Uncle David, her Uncle Michael, and of course her Grandma and my friend Laurene. Several people greeted us when we drove into the driveway.
We are so lucky that my brother Anthony his wife Lisa and Martina made us dinner that night. It was actually the first full meal that I've eaten since I had Charlotte.
Henry and Jude just love Charlotte. Henry is of course loving and gentle with her and Jude just laughs at her. Jude loves that she has a binky. He actually stole one from her and won't give it back. It's funny to see him with such a small binky in his mouth.
The pink dress she has on is her going home from the hospital outfit. She looked so precious in it. I loved the bonnet that goes with it. It was so huge on her that it was so funny when I put it on her.
We are glad to be home sweet home.

No comments:

Post a Comment