Thursday, August 5, 2010

Charlotte's "room"




We only have a 2 bedroom apartment, so I had to be creative making a little baby girl area for Charlotte in our bedroom. She will probably be staying in our room with us for the next year, or once Jude moves into a toddler bed. Don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.
Anyways, The cribette (it's bigger than a bassinet and smaller that a crib) is from my mom. It's like forty years old. Henry and Jude both slept in it. I put a fresh coat of paint and tightened att the screws and such.
I had to make her sheets because they don't make sheets that size. I also made her bumper pad.
The dresser is from my mom also, that was in tough shape. I threw a couple coats of paint on it and bought new drawer pulls. The mirror is from a church yard sale that I got for $1.50, again threw a fresh coat of paint and looks like new.
I made the basket liners and changing pad cover to match her sheets. Easy enough that I can make new ones to change out whenever I get board of that pattern. It's very summery. Already thinking about what colors I might use for the fall. It's so much cheaper than buying them at the store, plus it's one of a kind.
We have absolutely no closet space and I wanted to hang up Charlotte's dresses so I came up with the idea of using a coat rack that I got from our old church. I painted it and added more hooks so I had enough space to hang her clothes. It actually came out cute and it looks a little boutique like out on display. Man, girls are so much fun.
But I also like to make things nice for my boys. I am looking forward to decorate the boys room when we get their bunk beds.
I still have some things and ideas I want to do for Charlotte's "room". I'll post when something new is added to the space.
That's that.

4 comments:

  1. Her "room" looks adorable..
    xoxo
    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the boutique-look! Everything looks great -- can't wait to meet her! --andi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this "room" in person, and it's just fantastic! Chic and classy. A lot of hard work went into it, and you can tell. Charlotte is one lucky girl!

    HL

    ReplyDelete